The ultimate archive of music journalism...
OVER 22,000 CLASSIC ARTICLES on artists from Aaliyah to ZZ Top, on all genres from rockabilly to hip hop, by the finest music writers of the last 50 years. Enter library HERE...
WALK ON, BURT – The brilliance of Bacharach, documented by Norman Jopling (Record Mirror, 1964) and Paul Lester (Melody Maker, 1995). Plus Terry Staunton talks to Burt's immortal lyricist Hal David (music365, 2000)…
CLIFF HANGERS – Erstwhile Gay Dad frontman Cliff Jones confronts Leonard Cohen (Rock CD, 1992), reports on the rise of Oasis (The Face, 1994) and talks Velvets and more with John Cale (Arena Homme Plus, 1997).
THESE JUST IN… Tony Fletcher marks the 30th birthday of the godlike 'Hand in Glove'; Mitchell Cohen on Beyoncé, Mariah and Lauryn; David Bowie meets the press in Stockholm, 1976; Paul Gorman recalls legendary London niterie Zanzibar; and more new posts by RBP scribes…
Click here for all the latest writers' blogs
“There’s a lot to like about the band because there are a lot of different things going on — from messages to tight pants...”
– Styx's Tommy Shaw to Sylvie Simmons (Creem, 1981)
PLUS pieces on...
• John Lennon (Fabulous, 1964)
• Herman's Hermits (1965)
• Foundations (Record Mirror, 1967)
• Wilson Pickett (NME, 1972)
• Atomic Rooster (1972)
• Toots & the Maytals (NME, 1974)
• Neil Sedaka (Melody Maker, 1976)
• Donna Summer (Creem, 1976)
• Zep at Knebworth (NME, 1979)
• The Church (Sounds, 1982)
• Alton Ellis (LA Times, 1984)
• The Fall (NME, 1986)
• Tom Petty (Vox, 1991)
• New Kids (Throat Culture, 1992)
• Dim Stars (Creem, 1992)
• Black metal (Kerrang!, 1994)
• Dorothy Moore (Goldmine, 1997)
• Lloyd Cole (2004)
• New gospel (Village Voice, 2006)
• Madonna (New Statesman, 2008)
• Grizzly Bear (Guardian, 2010)
• Field Music (MOJO, 2011)
...and many more new articles in the library – SEE FULL LIST!
• Subscribe and become an RBP member
• click here for University and other group subscriptions
The Rock's Backpages Magazine Archive contains thousands of original copies of music magazines from the 1960s to the present day.
NOT A PUNK ROCKER – Mat Snow talks 'Sugar Walls' and Purple Principalities with Sheena Easton (1991).
Jimi Hendrix to Kurt Cobain: the complete RBP Audio library
Art Rock and avant-garde
Backstage: groupies, riders etc.
Blues and '50s R&B
Chart Pop & Bubblegum
Country, Country Rock and Bluegrass
Cultural studies and theory
Dance (Disco, House, Techno etc.)
Doo Wop and Vocal Groups
Electronica and Synthpop
Fashion, art, and design
Festivals and events
Film, video, TV and theatre
Folk and Folk-Rock
Hip Hop, Rap, Garage and Grime
Journalists, authors and publications
Latin, Tropicalia etc.
Music and the Net
Politics, Religion and Society
Punk and Hardcore
Radio, DJs, payola etc.
Record companies, labels etc.
Recording, production and technology
Reggae, Ragga and Dancehall
Songwriters and Singer-Songwriters
Soul, Funk and R&B
Women in Music
Quick Search by Subject on Library page